Things that I consider interesting:
- Foca – it is an interesting tool to discover what the public content that is listed by an internet endpoint. It will extract meta-information like the name of the users, machines, software version and so on.
- It is extremely easy to modify a worm or trojan to make it undetectable and for 100$ you can buy an application that give you the ability to “manage” the infected machine.
- You should NEVER have an async method that return void, except when you are working with event handler. If an exception occurs, the exception cannot be catch at the code level. Because of this you will have odd behaviors from time to time like: in Windows Phone this exception will disappear and in Windows 8 this error will cause the application to “die” immediately, without a notifications. Another problem with this kind of calls is when the actions end – because the system cannot tell you when the call end. In this cases you should return Task and not void.
- If you want to hide the main menu from Visual Studio, that you could try Hide Main extension. Pressing ALT will show the menu back again.
- When you have Visual Studio open, than ALT + F6 can help you to navigate between Visual Studio windos.
- Don’t forget SHIFT+ALT will give you the ability to make multi-line editing.
- If you are using SignalR and you need to create a small cluster and synchronize different servers with SignalR than Windows Azure Service Bus can be a solution for you. You need to write only one line of code to have Service Bus in the backplane.
That’s all for today, see you tomorrow.