Skip to main content

ListView - make selected item visible don't work in all cases

Did you ever try to use the ListView for Windows 8 Applications? If you had a more complicated scenario where you need to ensure that the selected item from your code is visible maybe you had the following problem… How can I make the selected item visible? If I have a lot of items in my scroll list than the selected item will not be visible when we select it.
In this way we select the ‘i’ element of the list. Also the set() method unselect the rest of the items that were selected already. To be able to show it in the visible part of the list we need to call the ensureVisible() method after we set it.
But in more complicated cased you will notify that this will not work. Even if the ensureVisible() method is called nothing will happen. Usually this case appears when the method is called in a “callback” or in a complete, error or progress of a promise. Even if you try o the ensureVisible in a msSetImmediate it will not work:
msSetImmediate(function(){ listView.ensureVisible(i); });
A fix for this problem is using the indexOfFirstVisible. This property of the list view gives us the possibility to set the index of the first visible element. The working code would look like this:
msSetImmediate(function(){ listView.indexOfFirtsElement = i; });
I hope that I could help you.


  1. I tried this and indexOfFirstElement is undefiend

    1. You can find references about this method here:


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to check in AngularJS if a service was register or not

There are cases when you need to check in a service or a controller was register in AngularJS.
For example a valid use case is when you have the same implementation running on multiple application. In this case, you may want to intercept the HTTP provider and add a custom step there. This step don’t needs to run on all the application, only in the one where the service exist and register.
A solution for this case would be to have a flag in the configuration that specify this. In the core you would have an IF that would check the value of this flag.
Another solution is to check if a specific service was register in AngularJS or not. If the service was register that you would execute your own logic.
To check if a service was register or not in AngularJS container you need to call the ‘has’ method of ‘inhector’. It will return TRUE if the service was register.
if ($injector.has('httpInterceptorService')) { $httpProvider.interceptors.push('httpInterceptorService&#…

ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient' could not be loaded

Today blog post will be started with the following error when running DB tests on the CI machine:
threw exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The Entity Framework provider type 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer' registered in the application config file for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient' could not be loaded. Make sure that the assembly-qualified name is used and that the assembly is available to the running application. See for more information. at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DependencyResolution.ProviderServicesFactory.GetInstance(String providerTypeName, String providerInvariantName) This error happened only on the Continuous Integration machine. On the devs machines, everything has fine. The classic problem – on my machine it’s working. The CI has the following configuration:

TeamCity.NET 4.51EF 6.0.2VS2013
It seems that there …

Run native .NET application in Docker (.NET Framework 4.6.2)

The main scope of this post is to see how we can run a legacy application written in .NET Framework in Docker.

First of all, let’s define what is a legacy application in our context. By a legacy application we understand an application that runs .NET Framework 3.5 or higher in a production environment where we don’t have any more the people or documentation that would help us to understand what is happening behind the scene.
In this scenarios, you might want to migrate the current solution from a standard environment to Docker. There are many advantages for such a migration, like:

Continuous DeploymentTestingIsolationSecurity at container levelVersioning ControlEnvironment Standardization
Until now, we didn’t had the possibility to run a .NET application in Docker. With .NET Core, there was support for .NET Core in Docker, but migration from a full .NET framework to .NET Core can be costly and even impossible. Not only because of lack of features, but also because once you…