Last weekend we organized an internal hackathon (at practice level). Our main scope of this event was to port an application that was developed for iOS and Android to Windows Phone platform. Because there are only few days left until Windows Phone 8.1 update will be released we decided to develop the application directly for Windows Phone 8.1.
During the weekend we had a great time, learning new stacks and how to use Blend. Yes, Blend – it is a great tool for UI, that can help you to create state of the art UI. At the end of this hackathon we were able to deliver a working application, with all the features in place, ready to hit Windows Store.
Let’s see some figures from this event:
- 5 smart iQuest developers (Gheorghina Gligor, Alexandra Vunvulea, Andrei Bancioiu, Tudor Turcu, Radu Vunvulea)
- 1 Android developer (Radu Ailincai)
- 1 special guest (Paul Tirban)
- A total of 120h of working
- 10l of Pepsi
- A lot of pizza
- Too much coffee
- Chocolate everywhere
- 8 hours of sleep (yes we were able to sleep during the night)
- And a lot of fun
Special thanks to all attendees, it was a great weekend where we accomplished something very important: