Skip to main content

How to use Azure services to prepare for AWS Certifications (Azure Cognitive Services - LUIS, Azure SQL and Skype)

I’m that kind of person that it is not impressed easily by a product or a software solution. However, I need to confess that this week, I was amazed when somebody shares with a solution that implemented to prepare for ‘AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate’.

mIRC and Trivia
Do you remember the old game Trivia? If you were born before 1990, I’m 99.99% sure that a part of your life was burned on IRC (mIRC), playing Trivia. If it was a great way to meet new people, but also to learn some history, geography and even match.

Smart technology 
This guy had a brilliant idea to combine Microsoft Azure SQL and Cognitive Services to create a bot that can be used to play Trivia. Using LUIS, he developed a bot for Skype that it is using the Azure SQL to fetch question-related to AWS Certified Solutions Architect from the database.
With the power of LUIS (Language Understanding), that it is built on top of a leaning machine system, you can build a bot that can understand the natural language and communicate with the user. Technical it’s a 2 hours job, but begging able to be on the bus, on the train or at the queue at the grocery job and to prepare for the exam it’s fantastic.

Question repository
Do you ask yourself how he builds the question repository? Well, he bought a book with around 1000 questions, that was scanned page by page. After that, he used something similar with a basic RPA to extract the questions, responses and the solution. All this information where fetch into the Azure SQL, and now you can prepare for the exam using a Skype bot.

This is how we can use current technology to improve the way how we learn. Even with simple out of the box technologies, we make our life much more comfortable. Running such a solution inside Microsoft Azure is less than a tap of beer every month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient' could not be loaded

Today blog post will be started with the following error when running DB tests on the CI machine:
threw exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The Entity Framework provider type 'System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices, EntityFramework.SqlServer' registered in the application config file for the ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'System.Data.SqlClient' could not be loaded. Make sure that the assembly-qualified name is used and that the assembly is available to the running application. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information. at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DependencyResolution.ProviderServicesFactory.GetInstance(String providerTypeName, String providerInvariantName) This error happened only on the Continuous Integration machine. On the devs machines, everything has fine. The classic problem – on my machine it’s working. The CI has the following configuration:

TeamCity.NET 4.51EF 6.0.2VS2013
It seems that there …

Entity Framework (EF) TransactionScope vs Database.BeginTransaction

In today blog post we will talk a little about a new feature that is available on EF6+ related to Transactions.
Until now, when we had to use transaction we used ‘TransactionScope’. It works great and I would say that is something that is now in our blood.
using (var scope = new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection("...")) { conn.Open(); SqlCommand sqlCommand = new SqlCommand(); sqlCommand.Connection = conn; sqlCommand.CommandText = ... sqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); ... } scope.Complete(); } Starting with EF6.0 we have a new way to work with transactions. The new approach is based on Database.BeginTransaction(), Database.Rollback(), Database.Commit(). Yes, no more TransactionScope.
In the followi…

GET call of REST API that contains '/'-slash character in the value of a parameter

Let’s assume that we have the following scenario: I have a public HTTP endpoint and I need to post some content using GET command. One of the parameters contains special characters like “\” and “/”. If the endpoint is an ApiController than you may have problems if you encode the parameter using the http encoder.
using (var httpClient = new HttpClient()) { httpClient.BaseAddress = baseUrl; Task<HttpResponseMessage> response = httpClient.GetAsync(string.Format("api/foo/{0}", "qwert/qwerqwer"))); response.Wait(); response.Result.EnsureSuccessStatusCode(); } One possible solution would be to encode the query parameter using UrlTokenEncode method of HttpServerUtility class and GetBytes method ofUTF8. In this way you would get the array of bytes of the parameter and encode them as a url token.
The following code show to you how you could write the encode and decode methods.
publ…